Patents are used to protect your inventions. Our services include:
- Patent Analysis: In-depth analysis of your free patent search
- Patent Applications: Protect the functionality of your invention
- Provisional Patent Application: Informal 1-year placeholder application
- Non-Provisional Patent Application: Formal patent application
- Office Action: Respond to USPTO regarding the patentability of your invention
- Notice of Allowance: Payment of governmental fees for allowed patent
The difference comes from the size of your company. The requirements for each are:
- Not named on more than 4 previously filed applications
- Gross income on last years tax filing does not exceed $150,162
- Under no obligation to assign/grant/convey a license/ownership to another entity that does not meet the income requirements.
- A nonprofit organization OR less than 500 employees
- Have not assigned/licensed/conveyed an interest in the invention to a non-small entity
Large entities pay the heights fees at the USPTO. There are no qualification to be a large entity. If you do not qualify as a micro entity or a small entity you are a large entity.